3.18.2011

St Patrick's Day: Green Dinner

More people here celebrate St. Patrick's Day than in any of the three states I've lived in.  People get work off Thursday and Friday, go to bars at 7 am Thursday, watch basketball and drink their lives away till the wee hours of the morning on Friday.  Sounds fun right?!  Not so much.

We like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day a little differently.  In a way that we will remember it.  As many of you know, growing up, my mom always made an amazing green dinner.  So I brought that tradition to our family and started being a fun mom this year. :)

We enjoyed shamrock sliders on homemade green rolls, lucky jello, irish 7 layer dip with green sour cream, leprechaun chips, green ice cubes, Stewart's key lime fountain classics, and clover cinnamon rolls for dessert.  And Millie ate green peas, potatoes, and a few nibbles of a green cinnamon roll for dessert.

the "Green" family (I'm so funny)

DSC_0706 DSC_0680

DSC_0684

DSC_0699

Untitled-1

DSC_0694


DSC_0707

Hope you had a fun filled day full of green yesterday!

15 comments:

  1. DARLING!!!! i LOVE St. Pattys Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! I love all the green food! And of course, since you guys are the Greens, you better celebrate this holiday thoroughly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!! I need to be a more festive person...I don't think I had one green thing yesterday! sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner rolls look yummy with poppy seeds on top. I would love the recipe. What a fun dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are soooo funny! I can just hear you saying that. The green family. I'm so funny. hahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I did absolutely nothing for it yesterday and I am bookmarking this page for next year! Such great ideas. And the Green family... so perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the cutest. I love your family and your love of green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a great mom and wife you are! i don't know that i would ever go to that much effort :) great work mama green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable!! I am so impressed. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! That's so funny because I just showed Matt your guy's dinner and he said the same thing as Cason. Love the "Green" dinner tradition! Mills is getting to big! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog Marie. So fun to see pics of "baby Millie" getting so big and so cute! Miss you 3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a cute wife!!! i need to be better with the holidays! You look so darling!! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a cute wife!!! i need to be better with the holidays! You look so darling!! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! So fun! It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are so cute...what a fun thing to do! i love all the green ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...