9.16.2010

Surgery

picture taken by jylareannphotography

After many doctors appointments and a long day at the doctor in Los Angeles,
Millie will be going in for surgery tomorrow.
The doctor told me today that she has a cataract and they will be putting her under to operate.

I would be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous for my baby, because I am, but I know that this is best for her and her future eye sight. 

It makes me cry to see my baby girl go through this.  It's hard to not ask the big "WHY?" but I'll be honest, I have asked that many times.  
Why does such a perfect little angel have to go through this?  
But I know that this experience will only make me stronger.  
I am grateful that it isn't something more serious.  
It could be 10x worse.
This is a trial that we are facing and will learn, have already learned and continue to learn from.  

Cason gave her a blessing last night, before todays appointment, and will give her another blessing tonight before the big surgery.  We are turning it over to the Lord and putting it in His hands and know that everything will be okay in the end.  

I don't ever want to put Millie down.  I just hold her and cuddle her in her white rocking chair.
I kiss her little cheekies 5 million times a day and never stop.  
When I look at her she makes me cry.  It hurts me to know that something is wrong with her eye. 
I get the smallest glimpse of how much our Savior loves each of us.  
I just want to take this from her.  
I will deal with it.  I don't want her to.  
But I know that she is in good hands and will be taken care of.

I will give you more details at a later date...

but if you wouldn't mind just saying a simple prayer for our little Millie.
It means so much to us.  So thank you.

I have faith that everything will be okay.  


19 comments:

  1. saying a prayer for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will definitely keep her in my prayers! and be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful! I'll say a little prayer for her! Good luck! I'm sure she'll be fine! Hang in there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh marie! isn't life so crazy?? we will be thinking about you guys, and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we will be thinking and praying for you and sweet millie! love love love...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you marie! i'll be thinking about and praying for little millie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Millie will be in my prayers. Thank goodness for modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, Cason and Millie will be in our prayers for sure. I hear the same sentiments from you that I had myself when I found out my little Caroline can't hear very well. Modern technology is amazing! I know when I whisper in her ear she can feel and hear something. My love and prayers to you little mommy!!
    Love you!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh good luck. i hope it all goes well. i'll be praying for little millie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Hope everything goes well! That is such a beautiful picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh bless her little cute body. Hope you guys will feel comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm sorry beaut! good luck with the surgery! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I am so sorry! That just kills me!!!

    Just my personal thoughts...I think it is just fine to ask why as long as it is with the attitude to learn & understand and not with doubt, does that make sense? That is just how I feel. I hope everything goes okay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry girl. I'll be praying for her. It's so hard to see your kids go through anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. praying for her and you guys too! sure love you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry!!! Our prayers are with her and your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...