3.02.2010

Baby #1: 15.4 weeks

You asked for it so here it is.  I am now 15 weeks and 4 days pregnant.   Who's counting though right?!  It's crazy how you keep track of the days and weeks.. I used to think I'd forget how far along I was, but when you are pregnant, the baby is pretty much all that consumes your thoughts.  So it is pretty hard to forget!  







 I am realizing more now than ever that this life is a big waiting game.  You are always waiting for something to happen or the next big milestone

...or at least I am.

In high school you wait to see who is going to ask you to the junior prom,

you wait to see what college you are going to attend.

In college you wait to hear what grades you got,

you wait to see if you passed that test,

you wait for that Mr. Right to come along,

and you wait for the day to graduate.

And now in pregnancy,

you wait to hear the babies heartbeat,

you wait to find out the gender,

you wait for the first time you get to feel that little baby move inside,

you wait till you are 15 weeks and then you make it and then have to wait till you are 20 weeks, etc. and then you are so anxious to see what that little baby of yours looks like.

Then when the baby is born

you wait for that first smile, giggle and wave,

you wait for that first crawl and/or step, and then life isn't about you anymore.

It's about that little baby or little babies who aren't so much babies anymore.

It's all a big game!  This game of life.   It is all so amazing!  Heavenly Father is so amazing and smart and did and does things for a reason.  And those reasons I am so thankful for!

This big waiting game thing is quite an adventure!  You would think all this waiting would get old, but it exciting!  There is always something new, and I love it!

I can't wait to meet our little baby girl!

13 comments:

  1. so true marie! i'm so happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cool to feel your baby inside of you. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You look great! I'm the same way and am constantly playing the waiting game. I also thought I'd forget how far along I am, but it's SERIOUSLY the only thing I think about! Oh the joys of being pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so, so, so tiny! I am going to put up some pictures tonight and show you what you have to look forward to! Just kidding. Pregnancy is great and I am just around the corner! It is so fun to prepare and look forward to it all! I am getting so anxious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all SO true, wait wait wait.
    You are so cute, beautiful pregnant girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute. You just wait, in about a month your belly will all of the sudden poof be there. haha I was shocked how one day its all of the sudden there. I am so excited for you, you are going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exactly did you measure that it's 15.4 weeks?
    cute belly. its so little.
    just start repeating over & over every morning
    "julianne is my favorite aunt"
    then louise will come out thinking it!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! You're so cute and little! I think you should name her Evelyn. ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. I didn't tell you how great you look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Marie, this is random but I thought I'd at least mention it. A friend of mine here has twin girls that are 3. She is pregnant with a boy and selling some "girl" stuff. She has it on her blog. Go to mine and then go to "The Ahlanders." She is very neat, clean, organized, etc. It is super cute, like crib bedding. Again, just a thought if you are at all interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stop being so cute. ok, fine keep being a cute pregnant woman!! miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. beaut...you are cute. you're belly is so tiny and presh! i miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...