10.11.2011

Learning from Children

I have found it quite amazing what little kids catch onto and what they learn.  There is a great deal we can learn from children if we just take the time and humble ourselves.  Even my little 14 month old teaches me new things everyday.  Whether it be patience, to enjoy the small things like every little leaf that has fallen on the ground, or remembering when to say a prayer.  

Anytime I feed Millie something, whether it's just fruit snacks, apples, breakfast, lunch or dinner, she folds her arms ready to say a prayer.  Often times, she is the one who reminds me that we to pray.  I tend to forget when it's just us two.  Sometimes, she'll even say "men" at the end of the prayer.  And other times, she has moved on and has a mouth full of food before I finish the prayer.
It's the thought that counts right?!

Oh, how I love her!



7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet... I forget to say prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. I need a little one to keep me grounded in the little things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is sOOOoOoOOoOOoooOOoOO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes PJ and I read your blog and are like, "Seriously, millie is just like Sophie!" I could probably copy and paste this post on to my blog about Sophie. I think they would be good friends! And they could say their prayers together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is getting so big! our children teach us so much, huh? i love reading about your sweet Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is precious!! I love little children! They do teach so much!!! I can't wait for my little one to come!! What little blessing they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carson does the same thing, isn't it so rewarding to realize that what you are doing is getting through to them. And every now and again, the Lord gets through to you, through them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...