6.13.2011

Weekender: Chicago

Over the weekend, our little family drove the 3.5 hours to Chicago to enjoy a little getaway.  We loved walking around the city and hanging out all together.  

On Friday, we shopped on Magnificent Mile-and let me tell you, it sure was magnificent! You name the store, they had it!  A girls dream! Right?!  Except for, what is with the style?? Anyone else struggling like me?  I don't love it right now!  shirts cut in half (ug)!  That night we ate some Chicago style pizza at Giordanos and hung out on the town.  



We went to the American Girl store and Millie loved it! 
she would just stare at the dolls and smile.  So cute!


Saturday, we at breakfast at a place called Yolk...it blew us away!  So good!  Walked around Navy Pier, hung out and then finished it off with a little Mexican dinner at Xoco.  Oh my heavens!  TO.DIE.FOR.!  We obviously love food, and that was really the highlight of the trip. :)  



This is her favorite way to ride in her stroller..
Someone told us we could get a ticket for not having her buckled in? true?




It was nice to get away for a weekend with just us three!

8 comments:

  1. How fun! I've always wanted to go to Chi town. That food and shopping sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness I COMPLETELY agree with you on the style lately!!! Why would a cut in half shirt look good on anyone?? Im struggling myself! I think the only thing I am accepting is the whole shirt tucked in look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a blast!!!! You guys are such a cute little family!! What a great getaway for a couple days! We need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! We loved Chicago!!! okay really I SO agree with you on the style!! What the heck..who looks good in a cut off shirt?! I went this weekend to try and pick some birthday clothes and no joke left the mall with nothing! (which is weird for me).. I cant imagine anyone else in a cut off tee, and especially a prego girl! haha!! Lets hope the style changes soon, because thats basically all the had in bp at nordys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! love all the pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun! You look gorg as always. FB me back!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had tons of fun!! and the shopping sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...