5.26.2011

25k race

I did it!!  A few weekends ago, two of my friends and I ran the full 25k (15.6 miles) without walking.  I finished in 2 hours 33 min.  Made me appreciate those who finish marathons in half that time.  I don't know how they do it!

Besides the fact that I had to walk down the stairs backwards, I looked like a really old grandma when I stood up from the couch and I couldn't sit for longer than ten minutes without bending and straightening my legs, I felt great! haha.  My knees hurt and I was very sore.  But it was well worth it!  And I am so glad I did it.  It was quite the accomplishment.

My two cheerleaders pre-race.  Love them!

Finish line...
(excuse the pictures.  I stole them off the website. whoops.)


Post race with my Millie bug.  


I am so glad I did it!  
It was a lot of fun! 
(believe it or not)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, purely amazing. I'm beyond impressed. What a fantastic accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm jealous and I really don't think I could do that if I tried. You look fabulous by the way and little Millie is just such a doll (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welp, you're fantastic. I can't even get myself to run to the mailbox, let alone 25k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl!! this makes me excited for my half on saturday. i think its going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD JOB ROOOOO! thats so many freakin miles! those pictures of millie are so cuuuuuuuute! love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some seriously good timing!!! That's QUICK for 15+ miles!! You look amazing. And you have the cutesy little cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Job! Millie looks proud of her mom in that last pic! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I could NEVER do that. Great Job.
    p.s. Jack misses Millie. We think you guys should come down to visit and I can shoot her 1st year photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Marie, Erin and I were just wondering how you did. And you did awesome, what a great time! Miss you:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I could never do that. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Marie! So fun! And a 25k? I haven't seen one of those around here.... sounds like a good distance! You look so great mama! What a babe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats girl! My hubby and I want to join in on the running parade once we are in good shape. Right now we run two miles every other day! We are getting there! I'm so happy for you! No wonder you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. way to go! im so proud of you! i could never! youre seriously the cutest mom i know

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! That's so awesome! You look great! What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You rock, I would die if I tried! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job. What a long race...I am impressed you didn't have to stop. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...