7.21.2010

Last Days

There are many times where I think about my blog and how I don't want to update anymore.  
But for some reason I always end up updating it.  

Sometimes I don't want a blog anymore...do I really want people reading about everything that is going on in my life?  
Kinda scary if you ask me.  Yet I continue to do it.  

So here goes another post. 

Last Thursday was my last day of work.  It was bittersweet.  I will sure miss those 8 kiddos.  
Yes, there really is 8.  
And yes, at times I really did watch all 8.  
It was crazy at times, but we had fun!
I keep asking myself what I am going to do for 4 more weeks...
Beats me.

On Thursday I took the two youngest boys to the "BIG orange hot air balloon" at the Great Park in Irvine.  It was cool, kinda scary, and very hot!  
Was it worth the 45 minute wait with tired, hungry kids?  
Probably not, but as Shania Twain would say, I can now say that I have "gone and done it." 


They talked about the little toy cars down below

Truman and Matthew

This little one is hilarious. One time I told him to feel my baby kick. 
He felt her kick and asked, "does your baby have shoes on?"

I told him, "no, she doesn't have shoes, but when she comes out we can put shoes on her."
Now almost every time I see him he asks, "does your baby have shoes yet?"

When I leave work he asks where I am going. 
I tell him I'm going home and he says, "no, I don't want you to leave yet!"

Those are the sweetest words a nanny could hear.
(I don't know why my words are underlined)





Truman

and this one is a feisty one, yet can be very sweet.  
He never wants help doing ANYTHING!!
Yet, when we read books together he snuggles up next to me.  
Love that. 
Matthew



It was a fun last day of work.
I'll miss my two boys! 
(and the other six)

6 comments:

  1. It is pretty crazy how long of a wait there is for the balloon. My grandparents live in Irvine and I've attempted to go 3 times, but only made it up once. Also, quitting work is hard when you love what you do, isn't it? I'm done the beginning of next week and I get SO sad when I think about not coming back.

    Also, I do need to get pics of the nursery...once it's finished. :) My sister made the bedding and things are slowly getting there. I wanna see yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah... Yeah it's a little weird that people can read about our lives through blogs. It's fun for us to see what you're doing though. I hope you keep up the blog! That's definitely bittersweet leaving a job and starting a new adventure in your life. Good luck not getting bored! hope fully she'll come early! Do you have a name yet? Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday.. (I'll be at John's parent's ward this Sunday....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so are you going to be done blogging then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog and all the cute things on here. You are very talented and inspire me to do more creative things. Hope you don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of stopping a lot but I just keep doing it because I think many years down the road it will be fun to look at. But I wonder how long down the road this will really last for me... haha

    If you worry about the weirdos you can always go private. That's what I did once Bailey came. I didn't want to risk it anymore then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about blogging sometimes. But I feel very strong about recording our memories and blogging is the easiest way to do it for me. It's a love/hate thing though.

    Hope you keep yours going- I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...