5.26.2010

{an eventful weekend}

This last weekend was quite an eventful one!  
My dear friend from college, Emily, and her husband, Paul, came to visit. 

It was so fun to catch up.  
We haven't seen each other since before we were both married...so 2 years!
It had been way too long.  

We took them to a few of the yummy hot spots and hung out at the Spectrum.





On Sunday, we went to Cason's parent's house and celebrated his birthday with the fam.  
I made this DELICIOUS coconut cake for the celebration.
Find the recipe here.
Such a good one!!


The birthday boy himself! Can't believe he's 26!


little Davey and Dave.



On Monday for Cason's birthday we went to dinner at Maggianos to celebrate.




After dinner we decided to go to Disneyland for the last 2 hours of the night.
I had a free pass, and with Cason's magic he got in free!!




Two hours is definitely not long enough for Disneyland, but we got about 4 rides in.

Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion and Cason went on Space Mountain.
It had been a LONG time since either of us had been...so it was fun!!


We were both tired by the end of the night.


Then he opened presents in the car...
his latest hobby is mountain biking, so we got him a few new things for that.


his new helmet which he needed very badly!


It was a great night and a great weekend!!
Thanks Em and Paul for coming to visit.

Happy birthday Case!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! How fun you went to Disneyland to celebrate!

    John and I teach Primary in our ward so he'll be coming down here each weekend! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm glad you and Em were able to get together. You are looking as beautiful as ever Marie, I am so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect weekend! I love the Spectrum and Disneyland. You're making me REALLY crave California... :) And your bump is getting cuter and cuter with every picture! Your little girl will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun pictures! Marie, you are so darling pregnant! I hope I can look like you when that time comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahahahahah... I love cason face on that buzz ride! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, I love everything about this post! Us coming to visit, you going to Disneyland, Cason's birthday, your cute belly! Thanks again for such a fun time. We need to do that again. ASAP. Seriously, such good memories!

    Love that you beat Cason on the buzz ride too :) Do you see why Paul and I love Disneyland so much?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute couples you guys both are!! That cake looks beautiful! I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys make me so happy : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog Marie. Thanks for taking the time to post and put of pictures of people I love and miss! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...