3.06.2010

JAM RECIPE

Ps. A few of you asked for the jam recipe below...all it calls for is:

strawberries
sugar 
and
pectin 

There are directions in the pectin box that will tell you how to make it with whatever fruit you want.  

My mom makes hers differently, so I did it that way.

Here is that recipe:

2 cups pureed strawberries
4 cups sugar
1 box pectin (for this recipe make sure it is regular pectin.  They have low sugar pectin too)

Puree strawberries in a blender. (we dont like chunks around here...but if you do, don't puree.)  
Slowly add pectin while blending.

Pour in a pan and add sugar.  Mix until sugar is dissolved into strawberry mixture.

Jam will be grainy from all the sugar, so turn stove on low and cook strawberry mixture until sugar is dissolved.  Doesn't take long.

Pour in containers and jars and let sit for about 30 minutes.  Then put in freezer or fridge.

Enjoy!!  


7 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds yummy! Cute new stuff on the blog.., you're like me... I love changing mine up all the time! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute pregnant!--and, you're motivating me to go make jam. i'm going to do it. i love checking your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for baby girls! :) And you look great! Love your little labels on your freezer jam! Freezer Jam is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I found your blog! And how exciting that you are expecting a baby girl! Congratulations!! You look too cute! And this jam recipe is awesome...we know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum..I need to make jam. I did it in Utah once...but haven't since. Now I will again:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmmm....that sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just went and bought the skirt and will probably go back and buy a few more colors. Thank you! I've been wearing it all day because it's as comfortable as sweatpants, but I feel a bit more put together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...