6.15.2009

Cycle 911


Last week I decided I wanted to try a new workout regime. Ever since the half marathon, I have only been running outside once. I don't love it like I used to. Maybe I'm just burnt out.

I went to the gym one night after work and went to a cycle class. I was a few minutes late, because I couldn't find the place. I walk into the class, and the only bike left was in the front, RIGHT in front of the teacher. Great! This was my second time going to a cycle class, and I guess I forgot just how hard they are. I get on the bike and start pedaling doing exactly what the teacher is doing...she pedals faster.

"now SPRRRRINNNT!!!!! FOR THE LAST FEW MINUTES!! FASTER! FASTER!!!" she screamed into the mic.


I did just that and my feet flew out of the pedals! (I guess the pedals are supposed to have bands so that you can lock your feet in. mine didn't. of course!) I put my feet back on the pedals and tried to keep up with the teacher. That wasn't the end! My feet flew out maybe three or four more times. Embarrassing!! I was sweating like a dog, and felt like I had been working out for an hour. I looked at the clock...nope!! 5 minutes!! What??? I almost got up and walked out.

The teacher was about as thin as a toothpick, no joke! Why are all instructors so thin? The majority of all classes are not that size, so why do they have the instructor be that size? It's not normal.

I stuck with it and finished the class. Although it was a great workout I don't think I'll ever be back!! (at least not for a few years.)

Who does this class?? My friend's always went to that class throughout high school and college...I never understood why, and I still don't understand why! Not fun at all!!!

I think I'll stick with running.

9 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY HATE SPIN CLASSES! I WENT ONCE LIKE 5 YEARS AGO AND NEVER RETURNED....MAYBE THAT'S WHY I'M OUT OF SHAPE? HAHAH..THEY ARE WAY TOO HARD FOR ME...YOU ARE SKINNY THOUGH SO DON'T WORRY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your so funny!!! everytime i ready your blog...(everyday) i laugh! thats how i feel every class i go to as well... dont worry you are not alone! i feel like the lady up there as well.... also did you get your $

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, you just need to have Cason buy you a road bike. I love mine and Joelle just bought one. It is so much easier on the body. I rode 104 miles a couple of weekends ago and I didn't even hurt unlike a marathon, go figure. Besides you would look really HOT in stretchy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white picture! (it's disgusting, but funny) I agree, those spin classes are hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...I went like a month ago..and i left having hate feelings towards the teacher. i wanted to leave, and would have, had my bike not been on the back row?? i couldnt walk past everybody pedaling without getting hit.

    havent been back.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously laughed as I read this WHOLE post! You are dang funny! and I laughed even harder when I saw the fat girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ughh don't stick with running. guess what's happening today? that's right, the RAGNAR RELAY!! can i tell you how glad i am NOT to be there? haha and spin is a total bizzznatch. one time when i went the girl was like, "ok, now you're in the amazon, in the jungle and a TIGER STARTS CHASING YOU!! QUICK RUN! DUCK THERE'S A BRANCH!" please lady. although the sweat dripping off your nose is a fantastic feeling, everything else about it makes me want to die. do you ever go to kick? i am in love with it. me and your sisters, we kick trash together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. marie! i was laughing so hard at your post. i HATE spin class. i went once with i think reich, katie, rebb and i swear you were there, but maybe not. i couldn't even make it through half of the class. i had to get up and walk out and then run to the bathroom to throw up! seriously. it was so bad. never go back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...