4.24.2009

Genius

This past week has been a real tough one for me. I find myself wanting to give up far more times than finding myself wanting to keep going. The other night I looked at what looked like a hard math equation. It's been over 3 years since I've taken a math class. My math skills have slowly diminished. They just aren't there anymore.

In fact, today at work I could not figure out what half of 90 was, (maybe its from the cold that's coming on) until the patient I was helping realized I was struggling adding her copay total up she chimed in and told me the answer. Then I figured it out.

Duh.

Anyway, as I was looking at this hard math equation I was getting so frustrated. I told Cason that I wasn't going to do my math anymore. I just wanted to fail the class and retake it. He came over and looked at the equation and said, "you just have to use the quadratic formula...

negative b plus minus the square root of b squared minus four a c."

WHAT???

Did you just really say that?

I was amazed!!! My husband is a pure genius! Not only was he right, but he helped change my attitude. I wanted to keep going, and I finally learned it. Husbands are the best aren't they??

Mine is! I mean look at him!!



Yep, that's my guy..





I guess that's how he knows how to surf. He never gave up!







Such a hunk of a man. I love him!...even more than I did yesterday.

Moral of the story...never give up!!

Ps. Brother in law Travis graduated today. Congratulations!

I'll get there....




someday.

12 comments:

  1. cute case. Would love to learn to surf. Look so muc fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean Marie. A kid I tutor for asked me if I could tutor him in math too. He said he was in Algebra 2 and I thought, "yeah, I was pretty good at algebra." then I looked at his book and said, "Sorry. I don't think I can do it anymore. I've forgotten so much." Darn! Could have made money off of it! You've inspired me to brush up on my math skills. Does Sudoku count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, you and Cason really are too cute. I love it.

    My advice, FINISH NOW!! I only have three quarters left, nine months, and now with a baby it will probably take me three years. What I wouldn't do now to go back and just crank it all out.

    ANd how nice that you have a cute live in math tutor to help you get by??

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not knowing half of 90 was just a fried brain moment. I appreciate the honest blog entry! I remember the homework frustrations. At least with homework you can just close the book for a while, or get help from your genius husband! Quadratic equation, yeah. . . . I don't remember it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet. glad you have a great husband. :) don't give up on your math!!!! you can do it! :) but i'm really glad i'm done - haha.
    btw - i've stepped it up with my posts, hope you're enjoying them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome! john just got a new surd board around Easter time. He loves to surf too! Sweet pics! good luck with math!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny Marie. And you are a very talented photographer. Don't give up. You'll be so happy that you finished school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stick with it Marie, there's no better feeling than knowing if something happened to your husband you could support your kids. School is a perfect opportunity to have a great foot in the door. The Math will come back the more and more you do it, especially when your husband will be there for encouragement and advice. No reason for frustration when someone can personally tutor you through the tough ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. k time to update. miss you and love you

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i would like to get a car seat cover for my sister in-law! i love them how do i do it! its not working on esty?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh you are the best! my email is kinsleybeau@hotmail.com... i am so excited!!! they are so cute missy will be so excited~! thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...