10.11.2008

Seasons

Spring is when all the flowers start to bloom, the grass turns green, the trees start budding, the sky turns blue, the sun comes out, birds start chirping and sprinklers start rolling, shorts begin to appear on white pastey legs, and swimsuit shopping starts.

Summer rolls around and the sun is hot, tans and burns show, the smell of hamburgers fill the air, lemonade stands come into sight, chlorine smell never leaves, and lazy days are present.

Fall begins and school starts, the closets fill with jackets, jeans and long sleeves, summer tans hibernate until next year, the leaves start changing and falling, the air turns crisp and there is a chill that fills the air. The holiday season is just around the corner, colds creep in, and the parks become more empty. Pumpkins start to appear on door steps, and decorations become visible.

This time of year is when delicious recipes begin! Pumpkin flavors desserts, hot chocolate is sipped and everything is so tasty around this time of year. A few of my favorite things that I enjoy in these few months are:

Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Cheesecake
(you have got to try it!)


Homemade Artichoke Dip, hot chocolate,
and caramel apples.



Oh how I love this time of year!

(ps I know I didn't say anything about winter. That will have to come another day.)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I have to say this is the best season of all!! Despite the 55 degree weather in St. George right now things are great!! I have to say that I found a golden spoon down here and it is amazing!! I hope things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm hungry now, especially for the pumpkin cheesecake! You really summed up the seasons well and brought back great memories. You are a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my YUMMY!! I love cheesecake factory! Your so cute I love your description of seasons! They are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...