5.10.2012

my mom, "Gamma"

{It just so happens that mother's day is right around the corner, so this post was only fitting.}

One day after Ivy was born, my mom flew out to help out do all the work.  Seriously!  She did everything!  She changed her flight to two weeks sooner than planned, dropped everything in her life to come help out mine.  She did my laundry, cleaned my house, helped me organize, helped with headbands and made my life simpler with shortcuts, played and took care of Millie (Millie probably thought my mom was her mom there for a little bit), bathed Millie, did her hair, fed her, put her down for naps, took Millie to library time, made meals for all of us, did my laundry, did my laundry, cleaned, changed my sheets, snuggled my babies, did my laundry, went grocery shopping, changed diaper after diaper, held Ivy while I took naps, loved and snuggled my babies...and the list could go on and on!  She took such good care of us!  And I am so thankful for her!  We are all so thankful for her!  We had a lot of fun while she was here.  It definitely wasn't long enough.  It never is long enough.  

You don't realize just how much your mother did/does until you are one yourself.  And even then, I don't think you really realize or know how much your mother did/does.  I am so thankful for my mom!  My children's "Gamma." (as Millie calls her)  She is easy to love and be around, and I am so thankful for her and for all that she did, does and continues to do for me and my little family.    



Happy Mother's Day weekend Mom!  

I sure love you!

{only a few more hours to enter the giveaway below!  Enter here.}

2 comments:

  1. Aren't moms the greatest?? Your mom is so cute! Love the light fixture in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!! mom looks adorable! millie's little yellow pants are cute too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...