5.16.2012

Ivy: one month old

Ivy is now one month old.  I've said it before, but time flies by way too fast.
This little peanut does just what a one month old does.

She cries...hard. Really hard.  And there are no warning whimpers beforehand.  
She loves to be held and prefers to be held.
She smiles every so often, and it's the cutest little smile!
And we have heard a few coos here and there.
My favorite!

She hates to be swaddled...unless she is almost asleep.
One arm is always out of the blanket.
She sleeps fairly well.  I feed her at 7pm, she goes down for the night at 8pm and wakes up every three hours on the dot.  I'm up twice a night..which is exhausting, but I'm getting used to it.  She is up for the day at 6:30am or 7:00am.  (I mostly just write this to look back on...for help with future children)

She is a chubby little thing.  She eats like a champ.  Nursing is so much easier the second time around.  At her two week checkup, she weighed a whopping 9 pounds 14 ounces.  Millie weighed that when she was one month old. 

She doesn't have much hair.  Just a little peach fuzz that is a dirty blonde color.
Her eyes are big and blue and she long fingers and toes.

She loves her pacifier, rarely wears a headband or socks because her big sister pulls them off the second they goes on.  If a blanket is placed on Ivy, Millie pulls it right off.  So, its swaddled or nothing.

Her nicknames are:  
Ivers or Ibers
Ibee
Iverson
Ibis (eye-biss)
peanut (but I call Millie that too)




We love our little Ivers.  She has been a great little addition to our family.
It's like she's been apart of our family all along.

{I must really love this shirt, because Millie is wearing it in her one month pictures too. :)} 

9 comments:

  1. So sweet....congrats again on your new little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a little doll!!! I'm so glad things are going well. It's kind of a crazy adjustment with two (at least it was for us!) but it definitely feels more normal after a little while :) So fun to have two sweet little girls.

    ps. Where did you get your bedding? I'm looking for something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! It is an adjustment, but I think we are getting the hang of it. Our days seem to go by much faster..and if you ask me what we did during the day, I have no idea! haha.

      This bedding is in our guest bedroom. It's from West Elm. I love it!!! I want it for our master...someday. They are fairly reasonably priced, and they have 15% off sales all the time. I think it's free shipping on bedding at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Look at that cute belly! I want to squeeze her. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with her chubbiness and her rolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures! she's so sweet!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I can't wait to see her this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute! I love that outfit! I love how she is so chubby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...