8.11.2011

Millie's First Birthday

Millie's first birthday was one of the greatest days of the year.  Maybe my life. :)
It was very low key...just Cason, me and the birthday girl herself.  
Family couldn't make it...because we live too far away. 
But, skype calls, texts, emails and phone calls were just as meaningful to the little miss. 

Millie woke up to hanging balloons in her room, a decorated kitchen, presents on the table and balloons on her highchair.






(although you can't read this, it does say 'Happy Birthday'.  
Next year, I'll remember to use a darker color.)


Our day was just like any usual day...we had plans to go to the zoo, but it rained on our party. 
So we just played at home.

Cason came home early from work, we ate dinner and the festivities began.

We opened presents.  Millie was in heaven.  She loved to tear the paper off and see what was inside.  
I really think she understood the concept.  
Cutest thing!



{Whoever said dollys are just for 3+? 
(that's what it says on the box)
I don't believe it for one second. 
This girl is obsessed!!}


{showing us where the babies eyes are.}




{Oh, I love when she sits like this. 
Such a little girl.}




{pretending it's a phone}




Then we did the birthday cake. 
At first, she took little bites and looked at us like, 
"are you really going to let me dig in and eat all this?"
She loved it!






I'll be honest, she wasn't all smiles the whole night like the pictures show...
It's her party and she'll cry if she wants to...right?
Maybe it's because she didn't wear a birthday hat...
Yes, I made one but completely forgot to put it on.  Whoops!


We didn't want the party to end.
It was such a special day!

We love this girl of ours!

Happy 1st Birthday Millie!

17 comments:

  1. She is so cute!!! I love the picture of her pushing around her babies- such a little girl! She is getting big so fast, don't worry though they keep getting more and more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing. millie is so lucky to have you as a mama! and you can't really be surprised that she loves the doll, can you? i think she takes after her mother...."can you say marie???" haha i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did all of that for her!! Your mom passed on her party-ness to you apparently! :) How funnnn....cute little Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute marEEE! she is the cutest little peanut ever! and her legs are tdf. i am so sad we missed her party! love you both!
    + cason.
    so actually love you 3.
    peace.
    hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Millie...I can't believe she is 1. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so darling. I love the pic of her with her dolly. Happy Birthday Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH cute pictures!! she is adorable. i can't believe she is already one!!

    and you are wondermom! seriously, how do you do it all?? your house is darling, you look fab, and your daughter is the cutest little thing!

    glad she had a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One already, where does the time go?! I'm so jealous of her cute pink toms. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun! That colors book is Wyatt's favorite book!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with her! Can't believe she is 1 already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!! You did a great job! Love the decor! Too bad you forgot her hat. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad she had such a great birthday! The decorations were so cute and your cake looked so good! I bet she will love her stroller, Claire loves to walk around the house pushing a little play shopping cart. I want to get her a stroller as well. Loved Millie's outfit too! Happy Birthday Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The decorations were so adorable! The wrapping paper even matched! I love her with those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is adorable!!! I am so glad she love dolls. Ada got her first dolls (twins just like millie) when she turned one and she was obsessed then and still is. It looks like such a fun day!!!

    Oh, and I love the TOMS, Ada has the same pair :) I think Ada and Millie are destined to be friends even though they are a few years apart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my are you kidding me?! you are the cutest mom ever! her party is so stinkin cute, you and cason make the cutest babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a big girl! Happy Birthday Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a party!! You are the Cutest mom ever!!! I love all the pictures! Happy birthday cute millie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so cute marie!! I love it. Aren't her first steps so exciting!!! the movie you made is just darling! i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...