6.15.2011

Recipe: NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I absolutely die over...and I've tried a lot!  
Except for on the back of Trader Joe's chocolate chip's bag, there is a yummy recipe that I love...
but Trader Joe's is about 1.5 hours away, so that recipe with those chocolate chips happens about every six months.
I "pinned" this recipe the other day via pinterest, and gave it a try.  
First off, the dough.  I could have eaten the whole bowl!
Second, the cookies are perfectly sweet...I think it's the coarse salt that adds just the touch.
Give it a try!  It won't dissappoint!  
Plus, NY Times picked this recipe as their favorite chocolate chip cookie.

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
1 2/3 cups bread flour 
*I only used all purpose flour for my recipe.
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips (I just eyeballed)

Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. 
Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. 
Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours.  (I didn't refrigerate)
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.


Any other chocolate chip cookie recipes out there I should try?

4 comments:

  1. All I have to say is YUM!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! The one I always make and love is the Betty Crocker one. Not sure if they have a lot of different ones, but if you're interested I can email you the recipe. The secret for me is less flour than other recipes and brown and white sugar. I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Try this one:http://justonemomtrying.blogspot.com/2011/06/chocolate-chip-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...