4.08.2010

The Remarkable Soul of a Woman

{photo via etsy}

        Last week I ordered a book called “The Remarkable Soul of a Woman.”  
It arrived today and I loved what I read...

     “Your birthright-and the purpose of your great voyage on this earth-is to seek and experience eternal happiness.
One of the ways you find this is by creating things.  

If you are a mother, you participate with God in His work of creation-not only by providing physical bodies for your children but also by teaching and nurturing them.  

            You may think you don’t have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us.
The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano.  

Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before-colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter...

What you create doesn’t have to be perfect.   
So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned?  

Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.  

Don’t let the voice of the critics paralyze you-whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.”

Get your copy here.
{25% off online discount code: 10SCONF}

3 comments:

  1. When I heard about this book I wanted to get it for my mother-n law. What a great quote and sounds like a fab book. I love Dieter! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the ad for this book after conference, I thought "I HAVE to get that". I love Uchtdorf and it is always nice learning more about our divinity and appreciating ourselves more. Thanks for sharing some quotes. I need to go get this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    BTW - you get my emails, right? I have a hotmail email address for you...

    I'm so excited for you guys to go to Kauai! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...