11.19.2009

Bitter/Sweet

Film photography is a bitter/sweet thing.

It is so fun not knowing what your pictures are going to turn out like until you develop them, but then again, it can be tough. You don't know if the lighting is the best or if you should change something like you can with a digital camera.

I love developing my own images, because if you don't like how dark a part of an image is you can lighten it up! But if there is a pole in an image, you can't just photoshop it out. You have to live with it.

Which can be frustrating.

For my last film photography assignment we were assigned to take some portraits of a person. I had such a hard time trying to figure out what to do and who to photograph for this project.

A t the very last minute, the day the assignment was due, I asked one of my girlfriends from my ward if she would be my model. She is 31 weeks pregnant, tiny and gorgeous so it wasn't hard to photograph her.

She was such a good sport! We took these around 7:30am, in freezing water and she was happy to do it! Thanks again Erin!

(I had the negatives copied onto a disc at Target. I don't have a scanner, so I can't scan the originals. So they aren't the best quality, but I wanted to share.)








{Inspiration from Rebekah Westover}

12 comments:

  1. wow marie!!! you are an extremely talented girl!

    those pics look awesome!...i may have asked you this before but where do you design all of your super cute blog headers?? i'm interested to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! What a great model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha;) It was fun...and cold...but fun! Glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look great! I love black and white film...nothing compares to actual black and white film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a great photographer, Marie! I always love looking at what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, those are so good! And she will LOVE having those in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are amazing! I can't believe she is 31 weeks. She is tiny! And your girls trip looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! You're great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are all with your camera? Marie teach me!!!!!!!!!!! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are such good photos and you're right, she is a beautiful model.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know you did film. Totally understand what you mean about the pros & cons. So cool you develop yourself! :) They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...