6.01.2009

half marathon/5k

On Memorial Day Cason ran a 5k and I ran a half marathon. Cason's race was really spur of the moment, but I had known about mine for a few months...and what did I do?? Procrastinate!!

I thought I would be ok, but boy was I wrong! My hips and knees were killing me! While I was running I kept asking myself, "why am I doing this again? They should be paying me to run this race!" It was very hard, because
1- We had just gotten back from San Francisco, and
2-I was having some stomach problems...if you know what I mean.
3-I forgot mine and Cason's workout shoes in San Fran, so we didn't work out at all the week before. And the whole eating thing...not the healthiest of foods were inhaled that whole week before.
But hey, at least I/we finished!! (I don't think Cason struggled as much as me)

Good morning!! Bright and early ready to run!
A few girls I run with decided to do it last minute too!


Just about done! I was a ways behind the girls...that's why I'm alone.


Cason and Tony after their race. They did pretty good for just signing up the morning of!!


Done and Done


Our fan club (minus Sarah and Jeff)


Thanks to all who came and supported us! It was much needed!

Ps. Are my pictures cut off on the right side?

13 comments:

  1. way to go! it doesn't matter how you did, just that you did it in my book. I don't even go near those things. haha. I love your outfit- so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome you did that! I would never be able to even finish the race! I don't think your pics are cut off on the right side btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job. i would have fallen over after like 1/2 mile. you're amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the half marathon. you would. all you need is a ghetto boootayyyy. your pictures of san fran are amazing! loves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little outfits marie! Good job Gipper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! That's an amazing accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job!I am a major slacker when it comes to my half marathon....I pretty much haven't been training at all! Here's to doing one in October :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Marie and Cason. If you can run the WBR then of course you can finish a half-marathon. I wish I had been there to run it with you--Ghetto Booty Runners Forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool, Congrats! More congrats to you Marie--no offense Cas, it's just that 3.1 miles pales in comparison to 13.1 miles!

    Tell Ash I love that she made an appearance in the blogging world! I never see her anymore, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Work! I admire you for doing a 1/2 marathon. I started running regularly again a couple of weeks ago (let's just say I'm not able to run as fast or far as I once could) and oh man I admire anyone who goes and runs a race! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhh man!!! i just got dejavu.. no clue how to spell that. ANYWAY! remember the provo canyon half marathon? haha kill me now please. that was great until about mile 10 or so. then it was all over. i wish i had you as a running partner out here. brandon's way too fast and all my other friends are pregnant. hahaha! love you bum!

    ps this is still katie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marie,
    I love that you married into the Green family! I went to college with Ashley and I love her!! I need to email her and get together since I am just down the road! I can't believe my little "Burr-ette" that I used to babysit is all grown up and married. You look amazing and I am so happy for you!!
    Luvs,
    Gretchen (Pratley) Johnson
    **Tell Ashley hello for me and I will email her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gretchen!! Hello!! How are you guys? Such a small world. They are a great family, and I am very lucky to be in this family. I love them all!! Add me to your blog. We would love to take a look at your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...